Sunday, January 10, 2010

Paris Sales

Sorry this one will be quite short I am packing up tonight to go on a 4 day excursion to the south of France! Can't wait to take pictures down there!

To my joyful surprise... every January most stores in Paris have ridiculous sales for the entire month.

"Sales are state-regulated in France and generally run during two periods of the year: once in summer, just before the massive exodus toward the sea and sun, and once in the winter, shortly following Christmas. Department stores, boutiques, designer outlets, and even hardware shops clear out items from the previous season, gradually slashing prices over the course of the sales period."
 - Linda Nyirenda
 http://goparis.about.com/od/shopping/a/Paris_sales.htm

Thought I'd just post a few images of what I've seen so far in the shops!










I will be back soon to share the south of France with you! And I have not forgotten about the eating tips and photos, those will come soon!

1 comment: